Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Iron Chef (Japanese)

Ironchef Japan

Anybody know about it? I've watched it for the past few years. . . now we are in reruns, I still watch. Chairman Kaga, the host of the show, was flamboyant and sported marvelous Micheal Jackson/Liberace type costumes. I think he would make a great Dracula type character (no, really I like him). http://stickofachef.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/iron-chef-collection/

When my chilrun were a little younger, we would cook together and play Iron Chef. I think I'll drag out the chef hats and aprons and command them to come over for an Iron Chef reenactment for the Mom Day!

From Wikpedia - The series, which premiered on October 10, 1993, was a stylized cooking competition featuring accomplished guest chefs challenging one of the show's resident "Iron Chefs" in a timed cooking battle built around a specific theme ingredient. The series ended on September 24, 1999, although occasional specials were produced until 2002. The series aired over 300 episodes. Oh, just go look for your self - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Chef.
My own young Iron Chef. . .





No comments: